Friday, July 20, 2012

MM&M: The Work of Midwifery & Mothering

Hello Good Friend! 


It is Friday and I present you with a new Midwifery, Mothering & Me post, The Work of Midwifery & Mothering. Whatever your work today might be, I hope you have a moment to just enjoy the moment.


May all babies be born into loving hands...






K. Michelle Doyle, CNM, NYS LM
www.localcaremidwifery.com
www.localcaremidwifery.blogspot.com

The Work of Midwifery & Mothering

Midwifery is hard work.

Mothering is hard work.
Combining midwifery and mothering is really hard work.

At the age of 21, I started work in the world of midwifery. I was a midwife assistant in a busy planned home birth practice. I saw various midwives trying to balance the demands of children and demands of pregnant/laboring/birthing/postpartum clients. I saw that sometimes the child won, and sometimes the client won. But when torn between the two, the midwife hardly ever won. To Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment